Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mmm...Veggie Pie

I saw a similar recipe on Allrecipes.com and adapted slightly for our tastes and ingredients. Very quick and easy to make! Love that. I accidentally cooked mine on a higher temperature, but I realized it as it was cooking. Whew! So the edges were a little crispy. I'm going to add a picture to this post tonight or tomorrow, or whenever I get a chance.

This was tasty and we got a serving of veggies. Were those benefits outweighed by the fat and calories of the pie crust? Maybe, but at least I got dinner on the table with minimal work and we didn't eat at McDonald's.

Ingredients:
1 pkg containing 2 refrigerated 9" pie crusts
1 can of cream of something soup - I used cream of chicken
1 bag of frozen soup vegetables - 16 ounces
1/2 cup of milk
Throw in some salt, pepper and other spices

Allow crusts to thaw for 15 minutes or so.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Put bottom crust in a pie plate and heat in the oven for about 5 minutes.
Mix everything else in a bowl. Pour into crust that's in pie plate.
Cover with top crust. Crimp edges together. Cut slit in top crust.
Cook for 40 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment